GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, what's the list of tools that i'll need to install my lift? i've got jack, jack stands, t-bar tool, air tools, grinder, pitman/tie rod/ball joint pullers, anything else? any weird sized sockets or anything?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, torque wrench and breaker bar will help out.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah, got that stuff too, just didn't think about them when i posted. :D

·
OG
6,939 Posts
patience and lots of it. Jk

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
might i suggest some mechanics gloves, they saved me tons of cuts and bloody knuckles

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
if you have access to air tools then those will help a lot. Also a couple of extra hands every now and then will make some things a lot easier

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
pry bar, hammer, bigger hammer, misc typical shop tools (sockets, wrenches, vice grips) you can never have too many tools!

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
umm, maybe, not a whole lot though. Those are more for rivits and crap.

·
Registered
229 Posts
my fav investment- box of latex gloves! that way ur hands stay clean, because when u work with all that grease and stuff, your nails stay dirty for weeks. get some locktite, and a friend to help hold the heavy stuff up while u bolt it in.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh forgot to add i'm doing the balljoints too, anything else for those?

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
at autozone the have the loan-a-tool program
they have a ball joint tool, it basically i big c-clamp with some attachment to help you press out old joints and in new ones
your truck being a 99 you might get this to work, i couldnt get it to work on mine, too many bad winters have lead to alot of rust, and i have to have mine pressed out and in at a shop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts