GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all my lines are drawn right... when I go to fill when I do so it fills but where the dark lines are theres like a barrier of white and gray... as in if the lines kindof feather... how do i fix this or what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Do you have your lines on a separate layer? If not you need them and your paint on different layers. That way you can just paint "under" the lines.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here it is so far
sofar_toon.jpg

each step is a new layer

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
claye if u have AIm my sn is gmracer313 if itd make it easier

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Damn, those are some freaking awesome lines! :head: Esp, those headlights.

You need those lines on a separate layer above a blank paint layer. Paint under the lines on the paint layer using a solid brush. Then all you need to do is the shading. That can be done much easier by having the org picture image on a bottom layer as a guide.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
claye if u have AIm my sn is gmracer313 if itd make it easier
Well, I really don't have time to talk right now, I gotta study a little then head to class. Get MSN and holler at me later tonight. :shake:

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i made a new paint layer and instead of selectin the areas to paint in the line layer and switchin and filling with the bucket i just painted the whole screen and cutout what I didnt want paint... that worked

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MSN? meh lol i tried the solid brush still did that so the way I said above worked... thnx for the compliment btw

·
GMFS ember
713 Posts
if you have the lines on a separate layer, select the lines layer and use the magic selection tool. (the little wand). select the area you want to paint and switch to the paint layer. then go to the top menu bar...Select>>Modify>>Expand. and set the expand to one pixel. This should make the selection area grow to fill in the little gaps that are normally there. then fill but make sure you have the paint layer selected before you fill.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the tip, i did finish tho here it is, check my other thread for the cars version
final.jpg

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks lots of time on it, everything is drawing lights, light detail, wheels blah blah blah lol

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Fucking right that's badass! Awesome job man! I love the Cars thing too!

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks claye, i learned a lil from ur write up as well... feels good to learn something new each day :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts