GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
what made it take a couple hours of work? on my 89' bronco all you had to do was take 10 bolts off and get another guy to help get the top off. 10 minutes at the max to do.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It took a while cuz i had to take the seatbelts off...took the rear seat out...did some other crap...it took 15 mins to take the top itself off...a while for all the prep work...almost took out the carpet...but decided against it...also did some stuff for my stereo while i was at it..ill try to get pics before too much longer...no digi and don't wanna pay to have film developed.

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Congrats! Topless is the way to go! I still miss my '90 K5 every now and again (but don't miss the problems I had with it) :flame: My Avalanche comes pretty close though with the midgate down, tonneau off, sunroof open, and windows down :rocking: Enjoy the days of cruising topless!! :head: :head:

·
Banned
487 Posts
Fuck yeah!!! i got my K5 today and took the top off the second i got it home since it was 55 degreese!!! topless all the way!

and it took me and my buddy drew 10 minutes.. get 2 ratchets goin :rocking:

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
NastyGMC said:
get 2 ratchets goin :rocking:
Or, do what I did- get a bit for your cordless drill! High speed, and you'll have the bolts out in under a minute :rocking: Kinda fun pretending your on a NASCAR pit crew too... :anitoof:

·
Banned
487 Posts
the cordless drill was in our basement...im wayyyy too lazy to walk over and get it and my air impact wouldnt fit on the bolt with the window there. :bowtie:

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish i coulda had 2 people work on takin the bolts out with me...but u gotta remember, i got the cursed tamper proof torx bits...im not about to go out and buy another one of those...im too poor...id rather spend the extra 5 mins and save myself $5.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tops prob gonna go back on for a few days after today...i think it might rain for like 3 days straight...i don't mind a lil rain...but 3 days...that tooooo much for me...and it got down to freezin last night...cold ride to school...but 65º in the afternoons...NICE!!!

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had to put hte top back on today...didn't take any time...and i guess its better than gettin rained on...

·
Banned
487 Posts
yeah i put mine back on bout an hour ago... 35* is too cold for that..... i crawled under it and put it on my back like a turtle and lifted it onto the back.. put 4 bolts in it and called it good. :bowtie:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts