GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im trading my sierra in but cant decide if i want a sierra 2500 HD or a ford f250 super duty.. i like my sierra and the HD's but i like the SFA on the f250. i have compared the 2 on KBB and they seem similiar. please help me out on a decision between the 2.. i only have 4 more months until i deploy again so the new truck will be stock until i get home next year, either one i choose it will be lifted either 12 or 15 inches. thanks for your oppinions and help.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
why would u buy the truck and let it sit? why dont u wait till u come back? 12 or 15 inch lift would be about the same as SAS the HD.

My vote is the HD

Im guessing i will not be alone

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
well, if you could find an f250 with the 7.3 then get that :imo:. but if you cant then get an HD. and if you can find one with an 8.1 thatd be even more badass.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
just DO NOT get a ford 6.0 diesel.... so problematic, you will hate it. Or you could get a dodge with 5.9 CTD :read:

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
i would not buy a ford unless its the 7.3, the gas motors suck, and so do the newer diesels.

but even then they have a tendency to rot out quick

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it will be gas and it wont just be sittin my wife will drive it in the winter to haul my 3 kids around, plus it will have 4x4 which is better than her acadia. i willbe buying the truck new. thanks for the responses guys.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
it will be gas and it wont just be sittin my wife will drive it in the winter to haul my 3 kids around, plus it will have 4x4 which is better than her acadia. i willbe buying the truck new. thanks for the responses guys.
Why on earth would you buy a brand new gasser HD?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
get a new duramax :imo:. idk about anywhere else but diesel is cheaper here :read:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
no more big block = no justification for new gas 2500hd. yep, let gm screw the pooch on that one...

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
no more big block = no justification for new gas 2500hd. yep, let gm screw the pooch on that one...
Dodge did it too in 2003. :(

edit: There are rumors of a newer truck based 450hp/500lbft 6.4L Hemi for the 2011 HD. :D

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
And if you're hell bent on getting a new gasser, get a Ford V-10.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes it will be to tow two 4 wheelers through the adirondacks, hauling a fishin boat, maybe a amper for when the temperature gets warmer here but all in all, they dont sell diesel on post and honestly i dont have close to 50 grand to spend on a truck..i appreciate your words but if you can explain the differences or why you wouldny buy either truck that would be more helpful for me. thanks again

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
yes it will be to tow two 4 wheelers through the adirondacks, hauling a fishin boat, maybe a amper for when the temperature gets warmer here but all in all, they dont sell diesel on post and honestly i dont have close to 50 grand to spend on a truck..i appreciate your words but if you can explain the differences or why you wouldny buy either truck that would be more helpful for me. thanks again
Where is "on post"? If you mean overseas, you can get diesel coupons to buy diesel off base with. It makes it as cheap as if it was on base.

You are going to hate life trying to work a truck running 12+" of lift, regardless of the brand.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
sooo true...i have now here near that and i can already tell im gonna have problems just loading up my surf gear.

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
All of our work trucks are 6.0 HD's year range '03-08. We have had them loaded with 4-5k of lumber/concrete/you name it. When loaded down you arent trying to win a race anyways. Pulling a 12,000lb skid steer/trailer they do just fine. Again, it's no dmax but they still do a good job. .

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
as much as it will cost to operate a 6.0 with 10+ inches of lift and towing a duramax will come out cheaper.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts