GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Yukon Denali with air raid MIT intake, dual exhaust, and black bear tuned. I am looking to put in a better torque converter. I am looking for something that will get me out of the hole quicker. Looking down the road I and going to do a small cam and heads. I have a 4l60e tranny. What are suggestions for a cam?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I have a 2003 Yukon Denali with air raid MIT intake, dual exhaust, and black bear tuned. I am looking to put in a better torque converter. I am looking for something that will get me out of the hole quicker. Looking down the road I and going to do a small cam and heads. I have a 4l60e tranny. What are suggestions for a cam?
112lsa and Colormatched

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Depends on what your goals are. What rear ratio is in your truck and how big are your tires? Do you tow and how much? Also do you have long tubes? This all plays into it. 2,400 stall is comfy for small cams with 3,200 being the high end of street able. Cams in a 5.3 range from a 212/218 being good/torquey and a 224/230 being and all around great high end performer. Generally you loose between 10-30 pounds of torque until the 2,600-3,200 rpm range and then hell breaks loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts