GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 gmc ecsb 5.3L, 3.73. my mods are- intake, cat back, t/b spacer, and programer. and getting headers. if i got a 3000 stall yank Torque converter. would i have enough power actually stall at 3000rpms. how much of a difference will it make? and if u have a 3000 stall and your driving 70 mph, i would be at about 2100rpm. is that hard on the converter because it wouldnt be locked up?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
jboomer said:
i have a 2003 gmc ecsb 5.3L, 3.73. my mods are- intake, cat back, t/b spacer, and programer. and getting headers. if i got a 2600 stall yank Torque converter. would i have enough power actually stall at 2600rpms.

Don't waste your money on a TT2600...if you only want 2600rpm worth of stall get a Trailblazer converter. I'd consider the TT3K if you are going to get a decent truck stall.

Also, yes you'll be easily able to flash to 2600rpm with the TT2600 and to 3000rpm with the TT3K.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yank is good but their customer service SUCKS. PI always picks up the phone when I've called...

Besides that PI builds a better converter. :D

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i went with yank, mostly because of all the positive feedback from ppes like flyer an stuff.... no one was havin a prob with it.... hopefully i dont as well...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Oh yeah, they aren't problematic at all! I'm not saying they are.

Back when I owned my '99 Z I called them a few times in a week and got NOTHING. No phone call back, no email, not a thing. That pissed me off to no end. It takes a lot of power to grenade a converter but for most people a Yank TT line is fine well over 450rwhp.

I've always said (even back in my early Tech days) that PI builds a better unit for big power and stronger all around.

PS... I have Flyer's old TT3K. :secret:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts