GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through the kp manual and I dont think it has the torque specs

i did a search and couldnt find anything either

so whats the specs i should tighten the bolts down to? or does it matter?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
What exactly are you tightening? Leaf packs, u-bolts?

BTW, I got your PM's...I'll respond in a bit....

Cameron

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I want to know what the torque specs are for the rear leafs/shackles and leafs/hanger bolts.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:word: to what chris said
and also the u-bolt specs too

i know what they are for the bag studs

doesnt look like im going to get to put it on this week due to overtime at work

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
u-bolts - ~150 ft lbs.
shackle eye bolt nuts - ~50 ft lbs.
hanger eye bolt nuts - ~90 ft lbs.
shocks - ~ upper = ~65 ft lbs. & bottom = ~90 ft lbs.

Those should be pretty accurate and remember to recheck torque after a few hours of driving...

Cameron

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I knew that the U-bolts were around 150 when I put them on... they were new nylock 5/8" bolts, and I torqued them down to 150 on my wrench.... but now by saddles are bending :think: .. so maybe it's a little too tight afterall.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Not sure if the 2wd and 4wd have diff. specs but my haynes says 59 lbs. for 14mm Ubolts and 85 lbs. for 16mm U bolts. So Im thinking that might be the reason the plates were bending :think:

Front spring hanger 92 Lbs.
Rear Shackle 70 lbs.

Upper and lower shock mounts 70 lbs.

Cameron did you pull those numbers from an OBS or NBS? Because these numbers are for a NBS and out of the book

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I got them online....I don't remember the link.....those number could be from a 4x4...I'll see if I can dig up the link...

I probably should have mentioned this earlier but most aftermarket parts seem to recommend lower torque specs than factory. If you tightened aftermarket parts to OEM spec you could bend them.

Cameron

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I'm going to get under there with some grease and wrences and re install all my bolts and hardware on my rear suspension in the next few days. My suspension is sqeaking(more like chirping) and now that the flip kit plates are bending... :nono:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.