GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i ordered my nelsons tune the other day and had 60% of the torque management removed, should i expect my tranny to not last very long or should i be fine?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Youll be fine. I have zero TM and its been like that for a year and a half.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
I have 80% removed. its good. until lastnight when i sprayed threw shifts...whoops.

you should be fine though

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, sounds like i might even take another 20% out and ill be at 80% too along there with Dan (Dan you better not be lying just to get a kid to blow his tranny) :bawl: haha jk

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I dont know if it is proven fact or not but I have been told that it is better for the tranny w/o it. With it there is some slipping and builds up heat and heat kills a tranny.
So with a firmer shift there is less slipping and less heat.
Anybody else ever hear of this?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
BDZ71 said:
I dont know if it is proven fact or not but I have been told that it is better for the tranny w/o it. With it there is some slipping and builds up heat and heat kills a tranny.
So with a firmer shift there is less slipping and less heat.
Anybody else ever hear of this?
I've heard that about firmer shifts, like you get out of a shift kit, but that doesn't have anything to do with TQM. The way I understand it is that the TQM takes power away from the engine when the tranny shifts, which means that even when you are running full throttle down the strip, you aren't shifting at full throttle, which is easier on the tranny.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whifflebat said:
I've heard that about firmer shifts, like you get out of a shift kit, but that doesn't have anything to do with TQM. The way I understand it is that the TQM takes power away from the engine when the tranny shifts, which means that even when you are running full throttle down the strip, you aren't shifting at full throttle, which is easier on the tranny.
Yah that sounds right, BD..you're thinking about shift firmness which is related more to the line pressure in the tranny, it doesnt have anything to do with the engine. but what you are saying is right

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Whifflebat said:

:waytogo: Ok I just read this thread again. Ill refrain from posting when Im still half asleep b/c I could have sworn we were talking about shift firmness when I posted this:crazy:

:banghead:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BDZ71 said:
:waytogo: Ok I just read this thread again. Ill refrain from posting when Im still half asleep b/c I could have sworn we were talking about shift firmness when I posted this:crazy:

:banghead:
Torque management.....shift firmness....its close enough eh BD? :LOL:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
Torque management.....shift firmness....its close enough eh BD? :LOL:
:slap:

LOL.. The sad thing is I know what both are. Next time I will have to make sure Im fully awake before I start posting in the morning :insane:
:eek:wned:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts