GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...did my 4/6 with flip kit like a month ago..about 100km into it on teh truck and I wanted to mae sure it was all tight...however...How many foot pounds do you put on the u bolts?? Mine werent lose, but i could keep tighting them...wanted to ask how many FT pounds of torque on these girls!!

thnks

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
what size bolts? 5/8" right? on mine i honestly torque them entire too much...i get the 1/2" drive, toss a 3 or 4 ft cheater bar on it and go till it won't go no more...

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
what size bolts? 5/8" right? on mine i honestly torque them entire too much...i get the 1/2" drive, toss a 3 or 4 ft cheater bar on it and go till it won't go no more...
holy shit :insane:

i just tighten up with a impact gun, till till it slows down or stops, so idk 100ft lbs or so maybe

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
holy shit :insane:

i just tighten up with a impact gun, till till it slows down or stops, so idk 100ft lbs or so maybe
mine have still shifted a hair...

anyway, im thinkin it should be around 180 ft lbs. 100 ft lbs is nothing for u bolts.

nvm, it SAYS 5/8 should be 125 ft lbs. still a little low in my book.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
I usually go 120 ft.pd's, I think I read on DJM's site before that that was the correct number,. I have seen on an old set of belltech instructions that said 140ft pounds but man that my wrench never wanted to click off that high so I said eff it and went the djm route.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah ym biggest impact socket, deep too, gonna ahve to cut the ubolts so i cna get it on there again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts