GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to attempt to install stainless steel brake lines (and speed bleeders) on my 2003 Yukon Denali, and my manual indicates torque specs ranging from ~6 - 30 ft lb (or 9 - 40 N m).

If you have recommendations or advice regarding torque wrenches, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
you mean like to purchase? i guess i'm slow..i don't get your question..

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
Yeah, what's the question? My advice is to get one.

It's not rocket science, it's a torque wrench. Get one that covers the range of torque you need. The ones with a gauge are lame.

The ones that you set the torque you want and they click are better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have worded my original post like this: Can you offer recommendations for a torque wrench to buy that would be optimal for the brake jobs I described?

So far, I've learned to avoid beam types b/c they're lame. Do you think I need to look for a torque wrench with a short shaft so that it can be used in areas with minimal space? (I'm not even sure if such torque wrenches exist.)

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
sure, beam types aren't ideal but when in a predicament, they work. i use the beam style wrench for items that need only little torque. i used one on my rocker arms when i did my cam swap. if its a big torque spec, i normally just go rent one:jester:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I've got ones that start at 1/4" drive with in-lbs readings up to 3/4" drive that are up to 500 ft-lbs. Since you're saving money by doing the labor yourself, just go buy a few.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts