GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Red Headed Step Child
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I read Dark Eternals write up like 5 minutes ago and only have one question. How many turns of the adjustment bolt normally gets how many inches?? I only need to go up maybe an inch to avoid the little bit of rub i'm getting in the rear fender well.

I just don't want to end up jacking up the truck 10 times and adjusting the bolt and then driving it around.

So what am I looking at?? 2 or 3 turns of the bolt takes it up about an inch or something like that?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
every truck is different so you will probably have to jack it up several times. I personally never jacked them up when cranking bars, but others will say its mandatory. Here is my perspective. max the keys out and go ride in it. then lower the bars until you reached the height you want then re adjust once again if necesarry. bars will settle a little too so keep that in mind!

·
Red Headed Step Child
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I know it'll settle. So I can't "over crank" them? I dont' want them maxed out but if I crank it all the way up, ride around a little and then check everything out and clearance is good I can lower it some?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts