GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is all of the information you will need to know about torsion bars. it was written by none other than Dark Eternal. He has this hosted on his website. Here is the link to the article on www.offroad-tech.com
http://www.offroad-tech.com/tech/tb401/

Here is the basic rundown of TB Crankin.
Green keys: come stock in half tons, used to lift HD trucks.
Purple Keys: Come stock in HD trucks, used to lower half tons.
Ford Keys: come stock in Ford pickups, Used to lift half tons.

Hd bars have the same effect of ford keys on half tons as ford keys but will not sag as quickly.
installing HD bars in a OBS half ton, load them as indicated on bars.
installing hd bard in a NBS half ton, load them in a flip flop orientation of the indicated way. (driver side bar rear, needs to go in the passenger side LCA pocket and vise versa)

You can expect a max of 3" of crank from some of these methods. I dont advise going that much but it can be done.
OBS half ton trucks can crank stock keys roughly 2-2.5" IIRC
NBS half ton trucks can crank stock keys roughly 1"-1.5" IIRC

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Some of the information in that writeup is incorrect/outdated. Give me a few days and I'll do a writeup regarding the HD bars in a NBS with pictures and all that fun stuff.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well disregard the stickiness to this thread. Hovey Do a good writeup and detail it. Put it up on angry too

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
nice marcus

Btw my dad only has maybe not even 1.5 inches to crank on his tahoe with stock keys

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No your post is good Marcus, I was refering to the link you posted.
:shake: but you and lindsay showed me the proper ways to do TB's We all help each other one way or another.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
very good idea:shake: ...maybe people who havent figured out where the search buttons at will quit asking about keys so much:D

·
4,725 Posts
So how much body lift do I get with purple keys?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
1.87 milimeters unless you stack 81 of em to get 3.5 inches

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2.5 psi

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
Why do a sticky, when there's a the DE info in the tech section?

I really think if n00bs can't be bothered to go anywhere but the forum, they need to be mocked.

Too many stickies makes a forum look ugly, and why have the tech sections if they aren't going ot be used?

-bZj

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Wait.. what? I thought they held around 6 quarts.... Am i mistaken?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why do a sticky, when there's a the DE info in the tech section?

I really think if n00bs can't be bothered to go anywhere but the forum, they need to be mocked.

Too many stickies makes a forum look ugly, and why have the tech sections if they aren't going ot be used?

-bZj
I agree noobs can find other tech other than GMFS so go out and read. Hell i got flamed a few times on here and FSC so i decided to search and it helps. Now I feel i can help others like I was helped, but you got to look for shit too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts