GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently running ford keys with my hd bars, with the bolt all the way up on the driver side i am just barely level, the driver side sits lower than the pass side, does anyone know what kind of key i could use to help level it side to side? i priced some tuff country keys local they were for 97-03 ford, and were about $110 i figured i'd need lift keys for a ford instead of chevy to get what i need, i know what good angles and bad angles look like, i just need input on what type key might be indexed more than a ford key... thanks in advance, oh i looked at the maxx cam adjustable keys but they are just too much coin..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you have maxed out your Ford Keys, you are pushing the limits dude. Maybe join a Ford Forum and that should get you the answer you seek.

Have you thought about maybe dropping the ass to level it??

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm running gk bars instead of the stock yh bars, when i installed them they were used off a truck at the local junk yard, i had to swap them left to right and front to back when i installed them, if you look at anything shaped like a tb and understand that it is twisted one way in stock form, and then a totally diff. way when loaded in a half ton you will see that the twist on the bar is in the opposite way it has been since it was installed, this wouldn't be a problem with a new bar, but even though this is somewhat of a problem it still works and rides better than my worn out stock bars... like i previously stated i know the limits of cranking, and this is diff. than just stock cranked on ford keys, i am no where near the droop stops, and since my alignment the front has sagged about 1" to 1 1/2", and the driver side is maxxed with thread still showing on the pass side bolt... thanks.. and my sig pic is a bit missleading, it has nowhere near that much cali, although it would be nice...

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,900 Posts
if you switch sides and go front to back i think it would have the same twist as the stock truck they came from....

try to find you some GLs

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Man thats the Chevy Lean buddy. Gas tank on driver side. Most of the time you got a dirver in the seat. that adds to the unbalanced weight. Live with it like most guys do. Or lower the pass side? Hell my Toyota leans to the pass side one day then I drvie it its level, then back to leaning.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whole truck needs to come up in the front.. not just the driver side, but the whole front end about an inch or two.. although the dr side needs a lil more than the pass side

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is where it was sitting at the time of alignment but now it has settled about a inch or so... i found some tough country keys local, but wish i knew exactly if they are going to give the lift i need, wish i could get the max cam for cheap..

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
angles really aren't bad and I agree about the heavy ass bumper you have on there. Guarantee you are getting front end squat from that heavy ass mofo. Not saying I don't like it but you pay a price when you bolt those up.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much worse are your angles compared to mine? reason i ask is that my 35's look too small and after i regear i might try to go bigger or maybe just a lil wider...

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
angles are just barely steeper than yours.......not much difference

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
take the bumper off for a week and see the diff.......if you don't like it bolt it back on

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
your front looks significantly higher than the rear?
that was when i first had it aligned it is now level.. i am getting some lift keys for a ford to see if that will fix the problem..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts