GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 176K miles my s10 decided it wanted a hole in the trans and it popped....

After that while hauling it home I came across an s10, called the guy, got it all set up to pick up in 3 days... Drive all the way down (80 miles) to get it, guy stiffs me and says he sold it. Ok fine, whatever, karma will get him.

Finally my dad and I talked, I was using his 06 Silverado to tow my car to the track(will make a thread for that car once I get situated here) We ended up convincing me that an s10 just wont do anymore, that its time to get a reliable, 4x4 for winter, and a good tow vehicle so i dont have to borrow his for towing mine to the track.

Go to dealership to look at one, owner is a prick, I end up walking out. Strike 2.... one more im out. Guy wanted $22K for a base Sierra, 44K miles, one accident, and no options.... Guy was a straight up jerk, but I'm glad he was a prick to me.

Hop on craigslist and finally found this one, test drove it. LOVED IT.

2008 Chevy Silverado LT w/ LT2 4x4
5.3L Flex Fuel V8
23,000 Miles
3 year/ up to 75,000 mile warranty starting 6/7/11
5 year/ 100k mile warranty
BLACK (wanted most)
Cloth Interior (which I wanted)
Center Console (I wanted)
Z71 Suspension w/ Offroad Package
Remote Start
Power Everything

on pure e85, im getting around 18-19mpg highway at 62mph with the ac off, I do notice it goes into and stays in v4 mode a LOT more with ac off. So i imagine gas will be even better.

Mods to come are :
Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit, showed up today at my house, will be installed this week :)

35% tint on the front windows and windshield banner.

Some form of an exhaust by the end of the year

Next year probably wheels and tires

Gonna keep it very mild and conservative since I really dont NEED to mod it.

These are pre wax pictures, its been raining every other day here so I havnt taken the time to was it right.
DSC_4438.jpg

DSC_4439.jpg

DSC_4440.jpg

DSC_4441.jpg

DSC_4442.jpg

DSC_4443.jpg

DSC_4444.jpg

DSC_4445.jpg

DSC_4446.jpg

DSC_4447.jpg

DSC_4448.jpg

DSC_4449.jpg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DSC_4450.jpg

DSC_4451.jpg

DSC_4452.jpg

DSC_4453.jpg

DSC_4454.jpg

DSC_4455.jpg

DSC_4456.jpg

DSC_4457.jpg

DSC_4460.jpg

DSC_4461.jpg

DSC_4462.jpg

DSC_4463.jpg

Is there a section for vehicles other than trucks? I have a car thats a chevy but I cant seem to find an other cars section....

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
If it's a camaro, shaggy has a forum for that. :welcome: to GMFS, nice looking z71 you have there, need to level it though :imo.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's a camaro, shaggy has a forum for that. :welcome: to GMFS, nice looking z71 you have there, need to level it though :imo.

Haha its not a camaro... most will laugh and look down upon my car until they line up with it...

And like i said, the leveling kit showed up at my house today. will be installed this week :)

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Nice truck. Post the pics of the car in the members trucks or photo/video section. We don't have a fit over wrong sections except for some of the lifted guys.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice truck. Post the pics of the car in the members trucks or photo/video section. We don't have a fit over wrong sections except for some of the lifted guys.

Will do, im sure ill catch a lot of crap for it, BUT its my toy and I busted my ass for it :) will post pics soon!

Hmmmm not sure posting them in that section is my best bet haha. IDK just seems "off" lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leveling kit went on tonight, I LOVE how it sits now.

Also finally did a full blown detail on the outside of it. looks mint. Will post pics soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts