GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The mirror lights are a joke and more of an annoyance backing up then helpful. Also they dont come on in reverse, at least not in dads 17.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Is that right? Damn that sucks.

Weird you say they don’t come on because I’ve had other guys tell me if it’s a 2015 1/2 or later they do come on. You have to put it in park, hit your cargo light button underneath the HVAC controls so they come on and then put it in reverse and they stay on.

Then again some other guy said they don’t come on in reverse so… Who knows.

I am going to give it a shot and get that diode and install it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Does that diode wire just stick down in each of the two numbered ports on the BCM easily? Does it pull right back out if you need it to?

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
Yeah just sandwiches between the pin and connector. Just have to wiggle a little to get it in. And yep pulls right out. I have another one in there so my foglights stay on with my highs. I have to remove and install it every year to pass pa inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
Now with the diode. Your cargo lights will come on with your reverse lights. But your reverse lights won’t come on with your cargo switch. As it’s like a one way valve

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah just sandwiches between the pin and connector. Just have to wiggle a little to get it in. And yep pulls right out. I have another one in there so my foglights stay on with my highs. I have to remove and install it every year to pass pa inspection.

That’s great. Getting ready to do it in about 20 minutes or so.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now with the diode. Your cargo lights will come on with your reverse lights. But your reverse lights won’t come on with your cargo switch. As it’s like a one way valve

OK that’s awesome. Exactly how I wanted it anyways.

Just pick my truck up from the dealer and I put on my receipt per a certain number bulletin trucks without the AVF code built in 14 or early 15, mirror lights will not go on in reverse.

While they had the truck and you guys were giving me answers here, I emailed it to the service advisor to save them some time. He said they don’t feel comfortable installing it. I’m like OK and just picked it up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Well just did it and it works! I’m like a little kid on Christmas… Awesome appreciate everyone’s help so much.

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
Haha nice. If you want I have a diagram somewhere else where you use the same diode to keep your fog lights on with your high beams. Assuming you bought more than one.

But that’s the way it shoulda been from the factory. It’s so nice having your cargo lights come on when you unlock the truck for when you’re putting groceries in the back and what not.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Haha nice. If you want I have a diagram somewhere else where you use the same diode to keep your fog lights on with your high beams. Assuming you bought more than one.

But that’s the way it shoulda been from the factory. It’s so nice having your cargo lights come on when you unlock the truck for when you’re putting groceries in the back and what not.

Heck yeah man!! I got a pack of two diode‘s. So sure, if you wanna send me the diagram that would be sweet. I have HIDs with real HID projectors. that’s one of the first mods I had done to this truck so I never use my highbeams. But more light is always better right?!

Yeah I’m stoked about having those cargo lights come on as well. They really look like cheddar cheese now compared to those white mirror LEDs.

Need to get some LEDs for the cargo lights and my reverse lights that are super bright. Do you have any suggestions as to some good ones?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Who only buys a 2 pack? Was cheaper for me to buy a 100 piece set lol. At least I have a use for more than one now after reading this thread lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ehh that’s all that the place I bought them at sold them in. Was a hobby shop that sold radio shack stuff since they went bankrupt.

Could have gotten like 10-100 on Amazon but couldn’t wait for the 2 day prime shipping. Sad isn’t it?!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts