GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another non-GM thread on a GM site, don't like it, click the back button:)

I picked up this 06 Dodge about a month ago to tow the Chevy and drive daily, she was stock but for a 6" Superlift kit and some stickers.

Dodge01002.jpg

I've started modifying her a little. The first item was to beef up the stock hitch. While rated as a 1200/12000lb unit I've bent the receiver on my parents a couple degrees down pulling my trailer with the Chevy so I picked up a Class V 1500/15000lb Putnam hitch. I found a distributor closing them out and got it for $82 NIB:head:

Dodge02UninstalledClassV.jpg

Dodge02CutupStock.jpg

Sectioned out the stock unit to make room for the new hitch.

All bolted up:
Dodge02ClassVframe.jpg

After that it was time for some better fuel filtration. Bosch spec's 2 micron filtration for their injectors but Cummins/Dodge give you 7 micron filtration. GDP puts out this kit that bolts right on and enlarges the feed line to the injection pump at the same time. I priced out the parts to make it and with consumer pricing and shipping I think I could have save like $8 ordering it in pieces from 4 places. I bought it and I must say this whole bolt on thing while foreign to me considering the Chevy is straight up awesome. I had the thing installed in a couple hours at a leisurely pace.

CIMG7720.jpg

Kevin at PacFab offered to let me use his shop and lift to pull the lift kit off the truck yesterday. He was ideally hoping to have me on site to help him put his newly built TH400/Klune/205 combo in but the shifters are taking a little more time than he was planning.

CIMG7714.jpg

It was a tight squeeze to put her in the second lift considering there is only a single bay door.

CIMG7713.jpg

CIMG7717.jpg

CIMG7716.jpg

6" lift springs vs stockers and a 2" spacer to level the rig out:

CIMG7715.jpg

CIMG7722.jpg

All I can say is it rides sooo much better and getting in and out is a ton easier. The PO welded 2 sets of stock end links together so I have to step up plans to build some tougher units so I have no sway bar on currently. The stock gas pressurized shocks dampen better than the dual tube units Superlift supplies but I'm topping them out up front. Thinking about going to some SAW 2.25 smooth bodies or I may just put in a 2" spacer for the time being.

PacBrake bags and a Quadzilla Scout will be going in shortly:shake:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I like it better this height. The lift was too much with those tires. The way it sits now, is perfect for a DD and tow rig.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Your truck makes me drool. :crazy: I bet it it's a big bitch :worship:

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
nice truck kyle...

here is my tow rig update.

2002 f-250 7.3 powerstroke, auto trans, dana60, sterling 10.5. floor shift and manuel hubs... none of the crappy electronic transfer case or vacuum hubs... Its stock for now.. Plan on doing a homemade tymar intake, 4inch turbo back straight pipe, then once I have the money saved up on the side for a built transmission I want to get a Tony Wildman tune and ATS turbo housing.. Plan on doing the 2.5 leveling springs in the front and prolly some 16x10 helo max 8 with 315s....

http://images2.auction123.com/sizequalitypredef/a9d51d25-c845-41f4-a5cd-64c578e65caf/1FTNX21F32EA28302/07.jpg?webimage001l

me and drew changed the passenger side balljoints.. and from the looks of it I have a d60 instead of the d50

[ATTACH=full]389890._xfImport[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]389891._xfImport[/ATTACH]

here is the axle shaft
[ATTACH=full]389892._xfImport[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]389893._xfImport[/ATTACH]

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Wow, that was a for-real hi-jack...

Anyways, MoPar Krue FTW! :pepper:

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
i thought this was a tow rig thread

my bad

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after looking at Lorenz's sway bar endlinks at $165/pr I decided I could build something as good, cheaper and easily. Then I remembered the end links for the Chevy I built a while ago and never use anymore. They just needed to become shorter and change a little.

CIMG7723.jpg

This is the stock solution, well kind of. The PO welded 2 sets of endlinks to each other to make an extended set.

There's an inherent problem with the top stud shown here:
CIMG7724.jpg

My solution with some 1" .120wall DOM, 1/2-20 tube adapters, a 1/2" rod end, some hardware and a spacer I turned on the lathe from a leftover spring eye bushing insert:

CIMG7725.jpg

CIMG7726.jpg

I probably should have waited longer for the paint to dry but I was impatient. I also might have smoothed out the welds but again, imaptience at its finest.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought this was a tow rig thread

my bad
It wasn't quite what I had in mind when I made the thread, but it could quite easily be what you thought.

I like your idea better, everybody should post up tow rig updates here:)

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
It wasn't quite what I had in mind when I made the thread, but it could quite easily be what you thought.

I like your idea better, everybody should post up tow rig updates here:)
:shake:

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up a set of PacBrake bags last week and put them on yesterday. I chose to go with PacBrake as their brackets were supposed to fit the best and the bags were supposed to be the most durable.
CIMG7728.jpg

Install was smooth short of small step neglecting to mention putting the carriage bolts in the lower bracket before fastening it to the bottom of the bag.

Shraders are now the license plate mounting bolts.
CIMG7729.jpg

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's actually pretty common, I definitely cannot take credit for coming up for it.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
1 - 20 of 222 Posts