GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was specking out a 2015 Sierra 1500 and it seems to be able to get the 6.2L you have to get the Max trailer package and with that comes the Towing mirrors. I don't really tow and have no need for big bulk mirrors. Is it possible to add the smaller style mirrors? Just plug and play? I assume the towing mirrors are not power fold, if I just switched out the mirror switch, could this operate the normal power fold mirrors?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Odds are the switch is different. If you talk to the dealer, I would imagine they would work something out with you though.

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figure I could switch out the swtich, but I don't know if the wiring is there and if the function is part of the switch or BCM.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Power fold is a function of the BCM. My theory is that the only difference between the power fold and non power fold switch is the picture on it. I don't see why a non fold switch couldn't be programmed to fold.

·
Maroon,Black,Chrome
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would it take to program it? I know on the GMT800 trucks the non-fold switch wouldn't push down and the folding switch would, implying another switch installed in the larger switch itself. My hope is that as a 1500 series truck, they would just have one harness and BCM for the 1500 upper level trucks and by just installing the switch and mirrors it would work right.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I can't answer that. If the dealer can program the function with the switches you will have (that come with the tows), and the communicate with eachother (side to side) and with the BCM, I don't see why they wouldn't fold the mirrors when programmed.

It would make sense if they had one BCM and one harness like you describe, but I am sure it doesn't work that way.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
If you don't tow, why get the package?
See the first post of the thread below...

I was specking out a 2015 Sierra 1500 and it seems to be able to get the 6.2L you have to get the Max trailer package and with that comes the Towing mirrors...

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

·
Registered
475 Posts
i thought the new style towing mirrors that just came out this year power folded. the ones that look like the fords.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts