GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new travel trailer (around 7000 lbs). How safe is it to tow that much weight on lift blocks? Anyone doing it?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Ive towed plenty with my lift, no problems. Your truck comes stock with a block sooo....

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
I tow all the time with mine, although it's not great on the transmission w/ the big tires, I haven't had a problem. Besides, the more weight you put on the lift blocks, these harder it is for them to squeeze out from in between the springs and axle. :anitoof: :ninja:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
Shift said:
, although it's not great on the transmission w/ the big tires,QUOTE]

well when a lifted truck is done properly, gears are replaced to make this a non-issue.

towing with a lifted truck is fine. i did it a little with my last truck and noticed no difference over stock

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Towing aint gonna hurt anything. Until we sold our boat, I towed it several times a week (I was a fishing addict), for about 3 years. No problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've towed using both block and springs. Towing in general isn't an issue when setup properly. Towing w/ blocks will give you tons of alxe wrap. The added leverage combined w/ the added weight isn't the best of combinations but thats not to say it can't be done. Towing w/ my Deaver spring pack is awesome. Totally smoothes out the ride, the truck actually rides better while towing.

·
Bigger than you!
196 Posts
I've towed a 30ft 8,000lb. travel trailer with my truck many times and it has been fine, even at 75 mph on the highway there was no problems.

·
rollin stock!
522 Posts
y2kboti said:
I've towed using both block and springs. Towing in general isn't an issue when setup properly. Towing w/ blocks will give you tons of alxe wrap. The added leverage combined w/ the added weight isn't the best of combinations but thats not to say it can't be done. Towing w/ my Deaver spring pack is awesome. Totally smoothes out the ride, the truck actually rides better while towing.
Gotta agree with ya on this one, ya speak the truth :ninja:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I towed it home today and did fine but deffenitly needs gears.
What ratio for 35's? 4.56

1 - 10 of 10 Posts