GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they are 2 totally different tires but I'm asking anyway.

Are the M/T's that much louder? What about tread wear?

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
toyo m/t's are very quiet, as are the atz's. have you looked at the MT MTZ's at all, thats what i have and they are also very quiet and get great mileage out of them.
I like the look of the MTZ's just figured they would be loud. This will only be my 2nd lifted truck and the most aggressive tire I've had is the Nitto Terra Grappler.

My lift/tire will be mild compared to most of you guys on here. I'm looking at the RCX or Rancho w/33's and originally wanted the ATZ's. But I found the Toyo's (33x12.50R20)for $299 and everyone seems to rave about the Toyo's.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
my MTZs were quieter than my toyos :shrug:

never had ATZs so cant comment on them. Mauro has sets of both so he can chime in better than me

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I like the look of the MTZ's just figured they would be loud. This will only be my 2nd lifted truck and the most aggressive tire I've had is the Nitto Terra Grappler.

My lift/tire will be mild compared to most of you guys on here. I'm looking at the RCX or Rancho w/33's and originally wanted the ATZ's. But I found the Toyo's (33x12.50R20)for $299 and everyone seems to rave about the Toyo's.
ya dude, MTZ's are very quiet. They are actually very compareable to the Toyo MT's, great mileage out of both tires. Everyone and there mom has Toyo's out here, MTZ's are a better looking tire:imo i like the sidewalls better

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sometimes that what matters most, tires can make or break a truck :imo
:word: This site has me liking the Irok radials as my favs but I don't think I want them for my DD.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
I'm going with Toyo MT's no questions asked when my lift goes on, I just love the way they look and haven't heard anything but great things about them. I like the MTZ's too but I just like the way the Toyo MT's look a little bit more.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Have MTZ on the dually and they are nice. Not loud and i like the look of the tread and sidewall.

I have the Baja claws and they are loud either. But they are directional.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
ya the trail grappler is out..... kinda only a handful of sizes the rest wont be out til spring. im gonna run toyos, but the m-16s make my shorts tight for some reason. to bad they wont last 20k

1 - 18 of 18 Posts