Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have noticed a few problems with my bed. Here they are:
Slightly cocked
Caddy Buckets aren't perfect
Pan isn't perfect
Tailgate has a slight wrinkle on the DS lower edge

Keep in mind that when it comes to my truck I'm one picky ass mofo so about 99.9% of people would never notice any of this stuff.

I've got a chance for trading my bed for a perfectly good stock one with a shaved tailgate and a pan with some money to boot.

Ofcourse I'd mold in the pan, shave the stake pockets, and BD the bed as planned. Then have a shop shave the tails and add LED's. My question is: Is it worth it? How much should I ask for boot? This guys in love with my bed and has looked it over good. Anyways just thought I'd get your guys opinion since I'm gonna have to do alot more work, but I'd have a perfect bed.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would trade it man and start all over especially since you want to do a b/d. just my .02. I would get atleast a couple hundred bucks, and the leds are a great idea.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
If you aren't happy with your bed, but the other guy loves it and as u said, has looked over it good, id trade. You know how to do tons of body work, as can be seen by ur fenders, so you might as well get the new bed and start over clean since it sounds like u want to in a way...as for how much money to ask for...its up to you...however much that beds worth to you i guess...but ill go with built, a couple hundred dollars may be about fair...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aight looks like I'll have me a new fleetside bed this fall :)
I just had to make sure it wasn't a stupid idea. I was thinking that the only difference that mine and his has is that I have the caddy tails and shaved stake pockets. The caddy tails were $113, the fillers were $125, and the buckets were $60. Plus all of the body work that went into shaving the tails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts