GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if a Trailblazer steering wheel fit on a Silverado? found a SS Trailblazer wheel with all the buttons and am wondering if it will work in a Silverado. looks to be the same steering wheel and buttons. i know the airbag will work, have done that before. any info would be great. thanks!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
As long as your truck is 03+ and has the steering wheel controls it will work. I have a steering wheel from a Buick Rainer in my truck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet that's what i was thinking. it doesn't have steering wheel controls but am wanting to change that too!

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Was literally about to post.about this... if you get all the wires from the steering wheel and wire.them up to the radio, then wouldnt it work fine? Unless it's hooked up to another place within the truck..

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
steering wheel controls arent just plug and play...takes dealer programming and a different cluster iirc.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a sticky about adding the dic and steering wheel controls on here. Was planning on doing that if I can get my hands on a steering wheel and cluster. Have both spotted, just need the $$$

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I have my old leather steering wheel with the wiring in the wheel yet. Wheel is a little worn on the top. Do you want the harness out of it?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure I'm going to buy the truck I was looking at anymore that would've needed it haha. Thanks tho!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts