GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been doing some research and have came to the conclusion that this is the best one to buy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRAN...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

if its not then what one is? I want to buy the best one so I wont have to do this again. I tow a 22 foot boat almost every weekend in about 100-112 degree weather.

So now for the install does this go over the stock one? or do you remove that one and add this one?

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was looking at it the stock one today at it looked pretty big?

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay cool.. so it looks like the average temp that the new one allows your tranny to reach is around 180 from what i read. That would be nice. Do you have this one?

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Stocker vs. Tru-Cool 40k

Honestly though a cooler will help, but if you're going to be pulling a decent boat happily on grades I hope you're turning some 4.10's in that diff with the bigger tires. At least stock 3.73's, and not 3.42's at the least.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya new gears are next. thanks for the pic. is that a stock dodge one, or your chevy?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
This is definatley on my list of things I need to do. My stock cooler is tiny as hell. Are you sure you aren't looking at the condenser? I think Ill do this along with a shift kit and deeper pan though.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
How hard is it to swap out a new cooler? I have the stock one in right now and is it just buy the cooler, unbolt the stock, and put the new one in or do I have to run new lines?
thats basically it.

G

·
The one I installed on my Blazer when it was an auto used the factory cooler in series with the new one. It used the factory lines with added rubber hoses. You'll probably spend more time mounting the cooler than playing with the lines.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
thats basically it.
The one I installed on my Blazer when it was an auto used the factory cooler in series with the new one. It used the factory lines with added rubber hoses. You'll probably spend more time mounting the cooler than playing with the lines.
I'm not that mechanical when it comes to messing with the hoses/line. If its just take off the old and put in the new, then I will get one. I don't want to fuck with the lines they have ran now.

G

·
I'm not that mechanical when it comes to messing with the hoses/line. If its just take off the old and put in the new, then I will get one. I don't want to fuck with the lines they have ran now.
If you're not comfortable with it, find someone that is. The instructions that came with mine were pretty darn simple.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is definatley on my list of things I need to do. My stock cooler is tiny as hell. Are you sure you aren't looking at the condenser? I think Ill do this along with a shift kit and deeper pan though.

so where is the cooler on there? The little tiny black cooler looking thing on the side or the whole black cooler looking thing?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
you don't have a factory cooler. your transmission fluid lines will be going into and out of the radiator. i would bypass your radiator all together since you live in a hot climate.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
The big one is the condenser for the A/C, behind it is the Radiator. My Cooler is infront of the condenser and its about as bid as a mouse pad. It doesnt look like you have one.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts