GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck came stock with tow/haul option. How come I dont have a stock tranny cooler? I was looking at it yesterday since my new one came in and I was just going to run it off of that one like running 2 but it doesnt have one. I thought if you had the tow/haul option it automatically came with a small stock tranny cooler? Also where did you mount yours if you have one?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Tow/haul was standard. I think the cooler came with the optional factory tow package.

I have 2 coolers mounted to the radiator right now, but I'm going to remove one and relocate the other to the front radiator support where the factory one used to be. I think they are blocking airflow through the radiator. I would recommend not attaching them directly to the radiator if you can avoid it.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tow/haul was standard. I think the cooler came with the optional factory tow package.

I have 2 coolers mounted to the radiator right now, but I'm going to remove one and relocate the other to the front radiator support where the factory one used to be. I think they are blocking airflow through the radiator. I would recommend not attaching them directly to the radiator if you can avoid it.
oh okay so if I would have had a hitch from the dealer, that makes sense.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
My '99 Z71 LT didn't come with it. Go figure.

Just run the top ATF line from the rad to the cooler. Let the rad do most of the cooling first. Mount where you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts