GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it started yeaterday, the truck is in first and hold the rpm to ~3500rpm before it shifts into 2nd gear no matter what throttle position. Is it a problem in the tranny or can the tune mess up after months of being ok? I dont know if it matters but my battery went dead yesterday too, can that mess up my tune?

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
If the tune was fine before, it will still be fine. The info is hard written in the PCM (isnt erased like the fuel trims, idle trims, etc). Sound like it mechanical. Have you cleaned your air filter lately? Try cleaning the MAF.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fluid level is good, my air filter is dirty. How would the air intake relate to the tranny?

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
The PCM uses MAF airflow to calculate TQ for which is uses for shifting the tranny. Ever heard how descreening the MAF will screw up the tranny shifting? ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, i haven't heard of that. my maf sensor has been descreened since i first got the truck back in 2005. i actually think i lost 2nd gear b/c it goes from first gear then to 3rd. Isnt there a selector switch that can cause this too?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Check the MAF w/ that K&N intake...also check the TB and make sure it's not overly dirty.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is the best way to clean the MAF sensor?

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
no, i haven't heard of that. my maf sensor has been descreened since i first got the truck back in 2005. i actually think i lost 2nd gear b/c it goes from first gear then to 3rd. Isnt there a selector switch that can cause this too?
No. The tranny is cabled to the selector. If none of these easy things fix it, get some tranny seafoam, use it and then change the fluid and filter.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
checked the tb and it had loads of black crap around it, so i cleaned it all off. I took it for a test drive and nothing different. I think tomorrow im gonna try to clean the MAF and the filter and see what that does.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Don't 05s have a 100k warranty? Take it in if so.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that would be awesome. how can i find out.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Owners manual?

Trans ever been serviced?

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
I am sure that this is just me, but whenever I read the title, I can't help thinking about someone's transvestite giving them lip or being mouthy :crazy:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they were suppose to service it last oil change but i dont think they did. How much would it costs me to get someone to do it? Im going to college and i just dont have the resources here to do it myself. All i have is some common sockets in my toolbox.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha Jack, i can always rely on you for a random post to laugh at.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cleaned the MAF and all today, it still didnt help my problem. I even put the gear selector in 2 and it just will not go into second. So it goes 1st gear till ~3000rpm, 3rd, then 4th. what else could it be?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts