GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 1500 2wd my tranny leaks bad at the yoke if the ass end of my truck is lower than the front, if I park on a hill or even just a small grade. I replaced the seal and it stopped for about a week now it's leaking bad again. I have a spare seal and am going to replace it but is there anything else you guys can think of that I should check out?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
any burrs or ridges on the yoke? I tend to think that something is wearing the seal out prematurely. Does the truck drive smooth with no drive line vibration? Maybee you have a slight wobble that ruins the seal?

Good luck!

Mr. 960

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Some transmissions have a vented yoke and they leak no matter what, other times its a bushing in the tailhousing that has to be replaced. Mine does the same thing, I just don't park on steep inclines any more, lol. It doesn't really hurt anything and is more of an annoyance than anything and I didn't feel like removing the tailhousing to replace the bushing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It drives great I havnt noticed any problems besides the leaking. It just one day all of a sudden started leaking. I didn't notice any Knicks or burrs when I changed the seal last. I guess I'll change the seal make sure everything looks alright and see what happens. Usually if I park on an incline I make sure the rear is higher but I hadn't driven the truck for a while and forgot haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts