GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy i got the truck from said it would chirp 2nd gear and it will but he never said what he did to the truck to make it do it. i was just wondering what it could be, only thing i thought of was a shift kit, but how hard does a shift kit shift, 1-2 shifts hard as hell! im talkin bout slamming into the gear it will jerk you. it cant be good but thats why im asking yall

thanks.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Does it have a tune as well? With a stock tune the servo just makes it shift really quick, not hard. But once you start upping the line pressure with a tune, it can start getting firmer and firmer, even harsh.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it dosnt have a tune that i know of. he told me that he had a hypershit on it but im assuming he took it off when i got the truck. its a quick and hard shift.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
mine shifts hard when I put in tow haul mode..I have a blackbear tune.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im not 100% he took it off, its just when i got the truck i asked what about the hypertech and he said he kept it, idk if he left the tune on there and kept the handheld thing or took it all off. is there a way to tell, and can it be overwritten?

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
well im not 100% he took it off, its just when i got the truck i asked what about the hypertech and he said he kept it, idk if he left the tune on there and kept the handheld thing or took it all off. is there a way to tell, and can it be overwritten?
maybe try going faster than 100mph..since the he probably took the limiter off with that hypertech

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe try going faster than 100mph..since the he probably took the limiter off with that hypertech
ah! you just reminded me, i was on the interstate the other day and i forgot it did shut off at 100. so theres no tune. what else could it be?

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
yeah most likely he took it off, and is going to sell it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
their is also anything you can check that can cause a hard shift would be the valvebody plate. The check balls are made of metal and constantly hit the valve body plate causing them to wear through the plate.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Cody, drop the pan pull the 1-2 accumulator down and see if he has any spacers installed in there. I would start there first.

Yes, and until this... start from a dead stop in 2nd gear to prevent any further damage.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I noticed today after i lowered my truck 3/6 that the tranny dosnt shift as hard anymore, its still firm, but dosnt jerk or anything anymore. hope this is a good thing.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My truck will chirp the tires with a vette servo and Black Bear. Its awesome!

·
Registered
649 Posts
My truck will chirp the tires with a vette servo and Black Bear. Its awesome!
It's not very awesome on a stock tranny. Sooner or later it will...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts