GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
No its not called the TCI 6x. TCI is a trans company and they manufacture/build the 6x. The 6 speed is the 6L80E. That swap is NOT straight forward bolt in but it can be done.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,691 Posts
The tci unit comes with its own stand alone controller. The 6l80e in general has a separate computer which makes it more involved

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone done this swap in a half ton truck. I'm about to have to start driving an hour and a half round trip and don't want to get rid of my truck

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Has anyone done this swap in a half ton truck. I'm about to have to start driving an hour and a half round trip and don't want to get rid of my truck
Lol, what?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to college and it is 45 minutes from my house. I don't want to drive that everyday at 16-17 mpg at 80 so Im trying to figure out how to get a couple more gears to get them precious mpg's

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I'm going to college and it is 45 minutes from my house. I don't want to drive that everyday at 16-17 mpg at 80 so Im trying to figure out how to get a couple more gears to get them precious mpg's
So you'll spend a couple-few grand on a trans swap, rather than spend an extra dollar in fuel. Tard, so much tard.

Also, 16-17 mpg is pretty damn good. Get a civic to drive to school.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Buy a beater and pay very close attention in Econ 101.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
That's why I was trying to figure out how and how much it was going to cost. Its not like I have bought anything yet
Srs? Google "tci 6x". Theyre 6k.

You can buy a super nice tdi jetta for that. Any mpg mod will never pay for itself in a truck

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,691 Posts
Glad you are going to school. With logic like this you can use more schooling

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Yeah your in Oklahoma. I'm going to be driving from McAlester to olkmogee everyday starting in august
If youre over 50 miles, they make you stay in dorms there

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Lemme guess, lineman school?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts