·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, tired of searching, I got a cyberdyne digital gauge and I'm looking to
install the thing soon, got some time coming to do it. I was wondering
if anyone had installed one without drilling a hole, I saw that some people
have installed it into a pressure testing port on the 60e. just looking for
advice...not looking to drill unless i absolutely have to.

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
The sender unit will screw right into the pressure testing port. Just teflon tape the threads, take out the bolt in there replace it with the sender unit, wire...its cake. No need to install the in the tranny pan

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Sry Jim... I forgot all about the pressure port being there LOL... thats definitely what I'd do If I didnt have my esky cluster...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yup, pressure port is the EZ way. :)

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the location of the pressure port? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its right above the shifter linkage. did the install looks and works great. haven had the trans over 115...i guess that is normal?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
115???? thats damn cool... I guess with stock parts though thats about normal... still on the cool side a little maybe.

-mine with the 3600 converter hangs around 145... creeps up to about 170 when I play a little, but comes back down pretty quick... within a few minutes of normal driving.

-you should look into a shift kit, servos and maybe a band for that thing Jim... I'm sure its about due.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
yeah....over due lol. its got a vette servo already....need hd2 bad.
Thats right, you already have the 'vette servo... if you can swing it, upgrade to the sonnax servos and get the shift kit. I'll help you install it and set it up how you want. The band is really good insurance if you have some miles on it.

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
How accurate is putting the sending unit in that pressure test port? I've often wondered this. I installed mine there in my '96 GMC with the 4L60-E. My temps can get up to 180-210 sometimes, which seems really hot for a light weight RCLB. I guess city driving is hell sometimes?

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
I saw up in the post to teflon tape the threads, but I have also heard not to tape them, for a better ground. Because the threads on the sender are self sealing??? Anyone know. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts