GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew this was going to happen to me sooner or later, but why now?! Truck will not stay in OD. I have to give it gas for it to shift in to OD, and as soon as I let off the gas, just the slightest bit, it will go right back into 3rd.

Also my 2-1 down shift feels funny. It will shift down and then shift right back up and the motor will bog. What is this all about?

Do I need a rebuild (or a 4l80) or do you thing I could have done something when I did the shift kit? It seemed all fine right after the install.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
... all i can think of i something is something is catching... maybe your springs are set wrong?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
guess what , my tranny is out too, my second gear is really slipping!!!

im not rebuilding this one either, and im not getting a 80E, im crossing over.....T56 baby

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Crosspost from me on another site...

4th gear problem... when you installed the 4th servo into the cover was it hard to do? You need like a feeler gauge to install the lip seal of the 4th servo into the cover. I bet that's it or another O-ring is off.

2-1 down...elaborate more if ya could...seem like lack of line pressure? Could be an accumulator piston seal (if app), piston cracked, etc. Could be boost valve install also maybe.

What all do you plan for the truck power wise? I fully built 4L60E in a truck should be able to hold 400-450rwhp IMO, weight hurts us a lot.

·
Broke
350 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
T-56 is :imo best trans evar

F that Turbo350/400
The best tranny for an autoX race isn't the best tranny for a drag racer. The best tranny for daily driving in high traffic, hilly areas might not be the best for somebody else's daily driver.

The T56 is an awesome tranny no doubt but it's all in it's use. I used a TH-350 in my drag car Camaro (used a 3200 RPM stall convertor), for that purpose you can't beat a TH-350 or TH-450.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
T56 has good ratios and strong as hell. If I had to roll a manual it'd be that one second but a Getrag first. :drool:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fullthrottledan said:
guess what , my tranny is out too, my second gear is really slipping!!!

im not rebuilding this one either, and im not getting a 80E, im crossing over.....T56 baby
NICE! Can't wait to see the results. Keep us up dated!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK! Drove the truck to work and back, took the highway, and the trans seems to be fine now! WTF! I am not complaining. Maybe it was just a particle working its way threw the valve body. I am not worried any more.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Good deal, on with the Whipple! :read:

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
brodystruck said:
The best tranny for an autoX race isn't the best tranny for a drag racer. The best tranny for daily driving in high traffic, hilly areas might not be the best for somebody else's daily driver.

The T56 is an awesome tranny no doubt but it's all in it's use. I used a TH-350 in my drag car Camaro (used a 3200 RPM stall convertor), for that purpose you can't beat a TH-350 or TH-450.

your right, but when i think of a tranny, i think of one thats going to be used on the street, for all kinds of driving, and to me, 6 gears is so freakin sexy.

you can still bang em like a drag car, or wind em out on the highway, its freakin sweet :imo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts