GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pics of there sectioned trans x-member? I went to section mine this weekend and had to many questions. The bottom looks like it will now be right at the bolt holes is this correct? Also can I use some of the steel I cut off to brace up to frame mounts once I cut them flush? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Here's what the KP looks like:

It's not exactly what a cut stocker would look like but it'll give you a general idea of the height.

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
id like to see someone post a pic to. Im going be doing mine really soon. I hate laying on my crossmember.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Our is actually two pieces of 3/16 material that are press broke to match and make a solid unit. Notice the holes that have welded in bolt bungs that will allow the factory bolts to slide through and bolt back into place. We also take the angle into consideration for the transmission mount and have the bolt hole located as well.
The KP raised transmission crossmember is make of thicker material then the factory unit, and is designed to bolt into the factory location. We even send out (2) weld in gussets that allow you to box in the factory frame for added strength once the factory mount is cut down.

http://www.kplinks.com/product.php?productid=175&cat=8&page=1

Retail cost on this unit is $157.75 and can be installed in very little time.

Clint Petree
KP Components
866-KP-LINKS
www.kpcomponents.com

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i recently sectioned my stocker. I have yet to cut off the excess mounting plates and plate it though. Btw i do have a 5 spd.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts