GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my tcase in my 92 silverado extended cab went out the other day, makes a horrid metal slapping/tapping sound, i believe i either broke the chain in it or broke something else......well i have to take my truck to the shop tomorrow morning, i know someone that has a tcase out of a 91 suburban....said it was a 5.7 with the 700r4 like my truck......will this work? will my driveshaft fit into the suburbans tcase???.....if not im going to have to rebuild mine which is gonna cost me $600-$1000......compared to the $100 for this guys tcase and $264 to install........Please help

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
It will not, the 91 suburbans are SFA and have passenger drop 241's. Do not go out and pay that much for a driver drop 241, get on Car-Part.com and find one close by, they are a dime a dozen being in all the 88-95 K1500's and most 96-98 models. Just make sure to get one fomr a half ton or a 2500LD(6 lug) or the input will 32 spline and will not mate to your tranny without tearing them both down and swapping the input shafts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts