GMC Truck Forum banner

Transfer Case HELP!! Quick please!!

535 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BlackBowtie350 
#1 ·
Ok, my tcase in my 92 silverado extended cab went out the other day, makes a horrid metal slapping/tapping sound, i believe i either broke the chain in it or broke something else......well i have to take my truck to the shop tomorrow morning, i know someone that has a tcase out of a 91 suburban....said it was a 5.7 with the 700r4 like my truck......will this work? will my driveshaft fit into the suburbans tcase???.....if not im going to have to rebuild mine which is gonna cost me $600-$1000......compared to the $100 for this guys tcase and $264 to install........Please help

#2 ·
It will not, the 91 suburbans are SFA and have passenger drop 241's. Do not go out and pay that much for a driver drop 241, get on Car-Part.com and find one close by, they are a dime a dozen being in all the 88-95 K1500's and most 96-98 models. Just make sure to get one fomr a half ton or a 2500LD(6 lug) or the input will 32 spline and will not mate to your tranny without tearing them both down and swapping the input shafts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.