GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I been so confusing and looked at lmctruck book that where I got new 4x4 front driveshaft. I dont know how to explain about driveshaft. Since my truck is 1984 k10 4 speed. I have transfer case number show is NP-205 and the front driveshaft didnt fit. Since the plate where bolt connect to yoke on transfer case. I wonder I able to take plate circle off from the u-joint and able use u joint front driveshaft connect to tranfer case? It hard to explain. The transfer case picture show you- http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/Lightning4Luke/CIMG2062.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
you most likely have a flange up front, which is a circle thing with 4 bolt holes on it. are you asking if you can use a yoke on the front output of the tc to connect it to a ujoint on the driveshaft? can you take some pics of your setup and the shaft your talking about? i can help you for sure, just not sure what exactly your asking

G

·
It sounds like you have a flange at the transfer case output, but you'd like to have a regular yoke. Am I right? If I'm right, you will have to order a different output and yoke, then open up the transfer case to swap it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
sound like you have a flanged drive shaft and the pic you posted is a yoke style.

take the yoke nut off and count the splines, if it has 30 you can put the flange on it, if it has 10 you need the yoke style cv.

·
Go5.3tt06
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody say I can put flange on transfer case make it work connect to the driveshaft that had flange on it. Im order flange tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts