GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,
now that i got some extra cash, i need to get a shift kit. where is the cheapest place to get a Transgo HD shift kit. A local tranny shop in town can get me one for $120, and that seems a little bit high.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"supposively," these kits are better than a regular transgo, but i cant get an answer out of anyone.

either way, i need a kit that will be ok for me to spray through shifts with no other tranny modifications

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am pretty sure they will work, however I am not 100% positive! I will check on it tomorrow for you guys and report back. I will return to the Shop on Tuesday! :bowtie:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a Transgo shiftkit installed on my truck, as well as a Corvette Servo, on friday (4L65E but pretty much the same thing). I got it installed at Jag Performance in San Antonio. It costs $136 + shipping for the shift kit and servo. Install was extra.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
hey dan... if you check the Tbyrne section, he just let me know he can get the HD kit for the 4L60E.. its 129.00....

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
well i ordered one... i'll let ya know how it works out in a few weeks.. you'll probably get around to it before me.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ha ha, i dont know about that. i need more money for bills. but i painted my cowl hool today so it should be on my truck when i get home from work tomorrow..YAY!!. then i will get a shift kit. next week maybe.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i talked to my tranny shop today, and he said its reccomended you put a stronger sun gear in the tranny(more money) and then it will hold for a little while but not for long , till you put better clutches in(even more money). so basically the tranny has to be rebuilt just to put a shift kit in the right way:(. i dont think i will do that though. i will just put the kit in and dont worry about the tranny.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i would suggest the 5 planetaries.. because right now our stock trans only has 4... there are all kinds of parts to do...

check this out for a good list from an all ready built tranny... if i decide to get another one i'm going this route...

go under transmissions and look for the 4L65E.. its sweet.. a level 4 trans by FLP

www.flp2win.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got the 60e in my truck and I spray thru the shifts and launch with it. After a year of abuse it was still holding, a few weeks ago me and Joe from Jag perf. tore it down and the only problem were some hot spots on the 3rd clutch assembly.
I do have the hardened shaft, shell and reaction, ie torque drive assembly, sprag and som other had parts. However I'm still running the 4 gear planets, and they're still holding. I don't plan on switching anything out either.

The HD Transgo will fit and you trans will be awesome. Don't forget to ad the vette servo for best results.
The stock servo has a smaller apply surface area, the vette has a slightly larger one, which helps to slow that drum down when it's spinning 5K rpms, doh.
I can get you the kit and servo for 136$ , let me know if you're interested.

btw, the kit and servo is a nice upgrade and if you have a decent trans to begin with, it will prolong the life of your tranny. The Kit does come with springs that require you to remove and tear down the tranny, just skip those parts. If you do put them in, 3rd gear is badass, as well as the release of 3rd.

later,

allen

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
thanks for the info allen... i already have the Billet servos for 1-2 and OD.... got em' from KDS...

·
Registered
28 Posts
The same kit that allen can get you is the same one that I have in my truck. He was actually there when Joe installed it. I really like it, you cant really tell it is there until you get on it, I just happen to be on it all the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts