GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm going to install a Transgo shift kit, sep plate and some metal parts instead of the plastic crap inside the 4L60E. The instructions that came with the shift kit show where to drill for the 1-2 & 2-3 shifts, but I don't know where to drill for the 3-4 shift, the most important one.

Where should I drill for 3-4?

Pic:

[/IMG]

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Create a photobucket account and host it there. Post it in the thread using the IMG tags that you can copy and paste from photobucket once it's in your album.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
take lots of pictures when you do because I want to get a shift kit too! Someone will help you out with this.
Well, a shop will do it for me but the guy doesn't speak english (i'm in Mexico) so I'll be there to help with translation and some directions I read here on how to set it up.

I'm almost set, just need to know where to drill for the 3-4 shift

And hopefully I'll learn a thing or two on transmissions cause I don't have a clue lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one has ever installed a shift kit here? lol

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
u cant call transgo and get tech support???? i soon will be doing this mod i would like to know how it goes, so post many pics

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Go to Performance Trucks .net

Yeah because all the answers lie there. :wank:

Anyway, let me see if I can get my other PC to boot (doesn't want to turn on, the fucker). I have all the instructions for the PSK/HD2 kits on that, guess I could just host them on here. Only ones I have on paper handy are the Ford AOD :rofl2: I think it's the upper right.

DO NOT DRILL THE 1-2 FEED HOLE, it makes the shift too harsh on the trucks due to the pressure curves in the PCM. It's cool for a day or two, then sucks. Use the softer spring you'll find for the accumulator valve train (red or white from memory). The yellow spring goes into the case and is the 4th accumulator. The other blue goes inside the servo to tighten the 2-3.

No washers either in the 1-2 accumulator body either.

Worst case, call TransGo, they're helpful on the phone. Until then I'll look about.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hit Man, thanks for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts