GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting on my truck to be delivered to the dealership, but all of my GM accessories have arrived. I have a big stack of boxes in my garage right now (pictured). I'm going to leave this 1st post as more of a teaser. I still have 1 more big box coming tomorrow from the dealership. They're holding onto 1 other box until my truck arrives, though. I paid for the install of my first item -- dash camera system. I'm hoping to update this thread soon. I'm under a time crunch to get things done. Packers and movers show up next week for my move across the country (literally coast to coast), but I'll be in my house until mid-August. If I can set aside the tools I'll need I should be ok. There's several boxes behind the ones you see.

Here is the actual dealership listing for my truck. I paid less out the door than they advertised online. New Northsky Blue Metallic 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Truck for Sale in Newport News: -

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,671 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What’s the plans for the new truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Bolt ons. Mostly things I wanted from the factory, but weren't able to get without waiting 2 months. I can't wait that long since I'm moving cross country in 3 weeks and don't think my current car will make the trip.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
I got the impression you sold your house and were living rough or something. That's a garage so I'm assuming there's a house attached lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the impression you sold your house and were living rough or something. That's a garage so I'm assuming there's a house attached lol.
We did sell the house. Terms of the deal said we could stay until Aug 17th. Everything is being packed up and shipped next week. I never said we were roughing it. In another thread I did say our next address isn't known, but the neighborhood we'll be living in is. My wife is active duty Navy, and we're moving into military housing for the next duty station. She checked on the wait list last week. We're still 1-3 months from getting a place to live in.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
We did sell the house. Terms of the deal said we could stay until Aug 17th. Everything is being packed up and shipped next week. I never said we were roughing it. In another thread I did say our next address isn't known, but the neighborhood we'll be living in is. My wife is active duty Navy, and we're moving into military housing for the next duty station. She checked on the wait list last week. We're still 1-3 months from getting a place to live in.

Haha my bad. I would make a horrible private investigator. Between these comments: "We will not be buying a new home for many years. We're venturing out to live life. " "wife is wanting a travel trailer with a bunk house for the kids " and your user name being "Transient" I figured you were going to live out of a camper lol

Reactions: heysoos

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha my bad. I would make a horrible private investigator. Between these comments: "We will not be buying a new home for many years. We're venturing out to live life. " "wife is wanting a travel trailer with a bunk house for the kids " and your user name being "Transient" I figured you were going to live out of a camper lol
Those quotes were from posts #1 and #3 of this thread: New Guy

However, your first post was #4. I then replied in post #5 by quoting your post and saying, "I know where I'm going to be living, but the exact house hasn't opened up yet -- military housing. My wife is active duty Navy."

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
Those quotes were from posts #1 and #3 of this thread: New Guy

However, your first post was #4. I then replied in post #5 by quoting your post and saying, "I know where I'm going to be living, but the exact house hasn't opened up yet -- military housing. My wife is active duty Navy."

Dude I don't think that hard it's a truck forum not a college course lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude I don't think that hard it's a truck forum not a college course lol.
Thinking is hard. I got a headache from this. Being a professor is tough work. Can we get back to beer pong, truck bunnies, and turning wrenches?

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
I think we were on mystery boxes stacked in a garage lol. I clicked on your link - not gonna lie that's the exact setup/color I would have picked. Not often I see a new truck and daydream but that one has always done something to me. I hope one of those boxes isn't the roll bar/light thing...or if it is you replace those goony little rectangle lights that sit crooked with some decent ones :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of those boxes is not the sport bar. That is coming today, but won't be mounted until after the bed is sprayed. I couldn't fit it in my SUV with the kids sitting in the 2nd row.

GM also isn't using the small rectangle lights for the T1. They went with a 40 inch light bar. The light bar is in the plans, but after the move is over.

Chevrolet Accessories 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=LT Trail Boss&trimId=5101&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=6.2L V8 GAS&engineId=5920&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=171502

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My sales rep just texted me. He said my truck just arrived at the dealership. It's going through PDI now, then it's headed into service for the dash camera system installation. Hopefully I get to drive it home tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ran to the dealership this afternoon to pick up an accessory that is so big that it took up the entire space behind the front row of my wife's Traverse. While loading up, I saw this beautiful beast sitting in the 2nd row of cars. I walked over and looked at it. VIN and dealer stock number match my paperwork. This is my truck. My sales rep had already gone home for the day, so I wasn't able to get inside or go for a drive. I can't wait to take this home.

·
boogity boogity
986 Posts
Nice truck. Keep an eye out for the leaking rear window that a lot of us have had issues with on the 2019s plus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do. I've seen a lot of info about it, and what to look for. Dealership service department called today to say my truck is ready to be picked up. They have the keys to my sales rep late yesterday, but it's his day off today. I'm cool with waiting 1 more day. It allows me to use up the last bit of gas on my trade in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sorry I haven't been updating this. Once I got the truck I started installing the stuff in my garage. So far I've installed the side steps, rear wheel well liners, GM CAI, and the front light up bowtie. I have an appointment with the dealership service department on Thursday morning to do the computer reflash for the CAI. I'm doing this in my driveway, so the heat and humidity are making this difficult. I got to the point today where I was so sweaty that I couldn't hold onto a wrench. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get the exhaust on, and maybe change the badges to black and install the CHEVROLET vinyl on the tailgate. The truck goes to Line-X on Tuesday, and i should have it back Wednesday so that i can at least install the sport bar, maybe also the tonneau cover. We'll see how hurricane Isaias and the movers of my household goods things Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. In the meantime, enjoy this pick of the injury i sustained while trying to install the passenger side step. After hooking one side on, I began to lift the other side to put a bolt in. The first side came off the bolt and dropped onto me. I notice it at the last moment and turned my head just in time to avoid losing an eye. It doesn't look as bad as it did yesterday. By the time I got out from under the truck and into the house I had blood down to my chin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed the GM catback exhaust tonight. It was easy. On a cold startup it has a little bit of a rumble sound to it. It then styles down to nearly inaudible sound as of nothing was done. Get in the truck and go for a drive and you know immediately it's not the same exhaust anymore. The more throttle you give, the more the exhaust rumbles. Floor it, and go straight to the rev limiter and you're left in anticipation, but left disappointed wanting more rumble as the truck shifts gears. However, this is a good thing for me. If it were louder I'd probably get in trouble. And, since there a full moon tonight I'd very likely find that trouble. Therefore, I'll learn to be satisfied with what I got. It's better, and cheaper, than a ticket. For those who can't resist getting more, I've been told Borla makes something.

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,419 Posts
Truck bunnies? Got pics?

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
Looks good. Those mirrors are so out of scale though. I know you will be pulling a camper but wow lol.

Reactions: Transient
1 - 20 of 33 Posts