GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I'm kicking around the idea of installing a tranny cooler in my truck. Keping the transmission cool = GOOD. Anyone have any information on where to buy? Which ones are best (manufacterer and/or model)? More importantly, is this something I can do myself?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
JoeB said:
Hey guys-

I'm kicking around the idea of installing a tranny cooler in my truck. Keping the transmission cool = GOOD. Anyone have any information on where to buy? Which ones are best (manufacterer and/or model)? More importantly, is this something I can do myself?

Thanks in advance.
The B&M ones are good. I just bought a pair of their Hi-Tek coolers which is basically a super cooler with a fan and built in thermostat. Got mine from Lil Devil, another one of the PVs here. Whatever you do get a fin and plate type not the older tube type.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I run B&M coolers also, mine is the largest one that comes with fittings. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Is this a relatively easy install?? For us non-mechanically inclined folks. ;)

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah I'd say it's a good install for a n00b. Read the manual a few times and install it.

All you really need to do is splice into the factory lines as you run this one as an aux cooler. The top line is the return line on the 4L60E :shake:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts