GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could be causing me tranny fluid to be burning?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You're probably under-geared turning that wheel/tire setup.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You're probably under-geared turning that wheel/tire setup.
Bingo, try running it in 3 in town and just use OD on the highway. Most likely lugging it in OD at low speed means Low RPM = Low pressure = slipping. Also put a large tranny cooler on that mug!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bingo, try running it in 3 in town and just use OD on the highway. Most likely lugging it in OD at low speed means Low RPM = Low pressure = slipping. Also put a large tranny cooler on that mug!
larger cooler is a must especially in these hot conditions. i put one on this summer and it mad a 20-30 deg difference in tranny temps

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had a cooler on the truck for a few months now. The tranny fluid keeps getting burnt up as well as the gears. Im having an older tranny put in my truck this week. I just dont understand this, this truck is costing to much out of my truck.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I RARELY step on the gas peddle anymore, I had the truck for a week back from the tranny shop and 3rd and 4th gear went out... 2nd feels like it wants to go. The size?? ummm I would say a 14x14 looking size. As for gears, Im running 3.43s. I can count the days I drove my truck in the past 3 months.... on one hand LOL

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
o god.... please people lets not start getting off topic

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
jesus wtf man
just wondering, what did your tranny guy think was the issue?
doesn't look like you have too oversized/heavy ass tires.

3.42's are pretty low end gear, but nothing tooooo low that I would think it would cause those problems.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im pretty sure I have some kinda deffect. They told me that it was the computer giving it the wrong info or some shit.... they voided my warrenty... as long as this truck can move properly Im trading it in ASAP.

·
Dying to be lower
59 Posts
My torque converter had to be replaced a couple months ago. Damn thing just started leakinfg fluid all of a sudden.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Im pretty sure I have some kinda deffect. They told me that it was the computer giving it the wrong info or some shit.... they voided my warrenty... as long as this truck can move properly Im trading it in ASAP.
Sounds like a good idea.
thats messed up man

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
It sounds like your torque converter isn't locking.

Your warranty isn't voided.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

What did they say specifically was to blame?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts