GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 04 silverado 1500, 5.3/4l60e and am having issues with how the transmission is shifting. When cold everything is all we'll and good, but after the truck runs and gets up to temperature, I'm having issues with my 1-2 shift. Under very light throttle it will rev to ~3k rpm before it tries to shift into 2nd (somewhat sloppy) and sometimes kicks back into 1st directly after hitting 2nd. Anything over light throttle and it won't shift until I let off.

I took it back to the shop I had the transmission rebuilt at and they're telling me that I'm throwing codes for my MAF sensor, telling me it's reading high. I replaced it with a reman MAF with the same issues so tried another MAF hoping for the best but still having the same issues.

I never had this issue before having the transmission rebuilt, but I did install a body lift during the down time possible ground issue? Any help y'all can provide is greatly appreciated, if you need any more info let me know! It drives me crazy!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
May have just found out something y'all could clear up for me. I have the truck tuned and had them turn off my check engine light for running with no converters. I read that the o2 sensors and MAF are on the same circuit. If this is so, would having the o2 sensors tuned out throw a MAF code? I was having this issue before getting it tuned so it shouldn't be tune related, but I do know that it got a little worse after the tune.

·
Vendor
3,605 Posts
What code are you throwing? The MAF would not be reading high, it would be reading low, and that could cause transmission issues.

Sent from a jelly bean.

·
Vendor
3,605 Posts
If you replace your MAF you should replace with OEM always.

Sent from a jelly bean.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks, but do my issues seem to fit a bad MAF? I'm not throwing a CEL so I don't have a code. The mechanic said he is pulling the code from the ECM, but I'm wondering if having the o2 sensors tuned out May be throwing a code if the o2s and MAF are in the same circuit. I just don't have the money to throw parts at it and hope that something fixes it. The only reason I'm skeptical is because I've never had this problem until after I got the transmission rebuilt, and the only time I have an issue is after the trans is warm mostly in stop/go traffic. I can have the issue, then hit a nice and easy stretch of highway and not have the problem until I get back into slow moving stop and go traffic again.

Thanks again for the help

·
Vendor
3,605 Posts
Did he tell you what code he is pulling then?

What mods did you make to your transmission? Have you talked to your tuner about those mods?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know which code he pulled. I told my tunner everything I knew about the transmission. I didn't get a parts list on the rebuild but supposedly it has been "beefed up" a little bit and they installed a shift kit.

How would I go about pulling the code back out? The shop is an hour away and it's not throwing a code that I can read with a regular OBD code scanner like the autoparts stores have.

I didn't tell the transmission shop that the o2 sensors had been tuned out because I didn't think it could be related until after doing some research.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Drive around with the maf sensor unplugged your cel will be on and see if it drives better?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks, may try that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts