GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am interested in getting a different transmission pan that has a drain plug to aid in changing of the fluid. I tow 2-3k pounds 3-4 days a week so I think changing the fluid more frequently could be preventative maintenance. Anyway, I understand some of these pans which have the drain plugs are deeper, or have cooling fins or tubes. Anyway, has anyone used these, and are their any benefits or problems with them? Thanks.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
My OEM '02 towing package pan has a drain plug in it. Does not want to come off easy though, haha...

But I replaced that with a nice Hughes +capacity unit a little while back, and it came with the gaskets and new filter. Very nice piece with fins, larger capacity than my OE (were the towing package pans more than reg. truck pans, for some reason I thought they were?), and has a consistent drain plug. Price tag is steep, so if you don't want to spend too much just look for an '02 or older pan. Pretty sure B&M makes one too, but probably similar in price to the hughes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts