GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on a long trip last weekend, my truck seemed to shake from front to back ever so slightly going 70 in OD when going down hills. then when pulling out of a gas station, from a stop, it revved real high like in N then slammed into gear. then it was fine for 400 miles. but today i noticed it slipping, it would rev and slip. i made an appointment with the stealership thursday. can't wait. any ideas what might be wrong?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
dude, ryan, just drive your truck off a cliff and get a duramax! I hate to see even more shit go wrong for you.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
dude, ryan, just drive your truck off a cliff and get a duramax! I hate to see even more shit go wrong for you.

ya... i definetly think you got a lemon.... get someone to steal it... then have them burn it...

thats what one of my buddies did with his ranger.... he got the insurance money for it and everything...

·
2,451 Posts
onyx said:
ya... i definetly think you got a lemon.... get someone to steal it... then have them burn it...

thats what one of my buddies did with his ranger.... he got the insurance money for it and everything...
:LOL: :LOL: nothing like frauding insurance companies :LOL:

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jebx said:
Just hope if it's a lemon you can make it break enough for the lemon law. Might want to try talking with GM and see what they are willing to do?
already been through that. i am not interested in damaging it myself, thus far i've had no need to. see the other thread for lots of great reading on that. i trust whatever is wrong will be fixed tomorrow, but if not, i'll be on the phone with GM again. technically i could sue again if the transmission turns into another ignition switch.

onyx said:

it's fun to think about, but i would not commit insurance fraud. allstate has been pretty good to me, it's not their fault i got a lemon. that and i don't want to go to jail. some kid just across the border in OH is going to jail because he set his car on fire. not cool. whatever happens will happen, i am paying $$$$ every month to the bank so i can own this thing asap and trade it in. looking at 2 years right now.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Shaking in OD sounds like a converter about to go poo...

·
Registered
124 Posts
The discription you give could be several things and all of them are expensive to fix (mind you anything tranny related is...)

How old is your truck looks fairly new in the sig so go after GM...until its fixed right...

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kryptonite said:
The discription you give could be several things and all of them are expensive to fix (mind you anything tranny related is...)

How old is your truck looks fairly new in the sig so go after GM...until its fixed right...
7500 miles.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
picked it up today. they said there was nothing wrong with the tranny, unless it stores a code or the truck doesn't move when they put it in D there's nothing they can do. it was fine on the way back from the stealership, but i am still concerned. the service writer had a femullet so i have a hard time taking anyone there seriously. they ordered a part for under the heater motor that broke off and i threw out the window, under warranty, it wasn't there yet despite what they told me when i called, so they're just going to ship it to me. the usual complaints about rattles were not addressed. i ended up talking to the service manager... i inquired about correcting my address in the computer (they mail shit to my neighbors) and the he said "oh i can't do that until next time you bring it in." i said "i don't think there's going to be a next time." i also talked to the owner of the dealership and told him i'd never buy a vehicle there because of his disservice department.

so let's review... dealerships that suck:
preston GMC, new castle, PA (sold it to me)
smith - gray GMC, meadville, PA (last servicing dealership)
snyder GMC, mercer PA (refused to work on it)

not building up a very good track record. i'm going to try the dealership where my girl bought her envoy, they seem to know what they're doing. if not this is my last GM truck. even if it didn't have problems, the service network, at least around here, is a joke. i still want to trade the truck. after i get my settlement check, i'll try... again. sorry for all the bitching. just disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts