GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
It kind of seems to me my transmission is shifting a bit smoother since the fluid and filter change. Now...it was working quite well before the service...but I've been driving it almost a week now since and it just seems a bit smoother somehow. So...is this just my imagination or could fresh fluid and a new filter smooth things up in a noticeable way?
Fresh fluid and filter always makes a difference when I change em . It will usually clear up minor transmission issues such as slow and lazy shifts or even early and delayed shifts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It kind of seems to me my transmission is shifting a bit smoother since the fluid and filter change. Now...it was working quite well before the service...but I've been driving it almost a week now since and it just seems a bit smoother somehow. So...is this just my imagination or could fresh fluid and a new filter smooth things up in a noticeable way?
It’ll smooth it for sure, and get rid of delays.

What I was gettin at is it won’t fix a missing gear.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
LOL. You can put the trans filter for a 4L60E shallow pan in the deep pan, and it doesn't work.
I guess you could, but the nipples on the bottom of the shallow filter will button out on the deep pan before you close the pan to case gap. Specs are only 106”, aka a hair over hand tight, if you can’t catch that that’s on you.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts