GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know any recommend shops in AZ that rebuild trannys?
I have the rebuild kit already and going to order a yank 3000 at the end of the week. Will a 3000 yank be to much for a stock motor in till i put my in cam?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Nah, torque peak is at ~4400rpm... converter stalls at 3k. You're fine.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
yep you'll love the Yank 3000 with a stock cam. i love mine. :)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I can't tell you who to go to, but I can tell you who not to go to.

American Transmission/Acclaim Car & Truck Repair.

They gave up on mine after about four rebuilds in two months and gave me my money back LOL.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in the Mesa area of AZ.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
KB transmission on main was laughing at us when we told them we had engine codes so dont go there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump!!!!!!!!!!
With all the people on this forum know body here in AZ has transmission shop to recommend. WOW

·
Jason you will be missed
617 Posts
i had a guy rebuild a ford tranny for me and did a good job. my nephew will be taking his 60e to get rebuilt from him. his name is al and you can find his number in the back of the bargin trader. it is listed as al's automatics or something to that extent. i was happy and had no problems. if you give me a day or two i can get the number. he is on like cave creek and beardsly from what i remember.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
bump!!!!!!!!!!
With all the people on this forum know body here in AZ has transmission shop to recommend. WOW
From what I have seen there are only a handful of reputable trans builders in the entire US, so don't be surprised that there are no big names in AZ.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Phoenix transmission, they sell a lot on ebay did my buddies ford and it came out alright
I was checking them out on line and came across doc about Ripp of report.
They are being sued by some people right now and had long ripp of report. This report even had people that had gotton the wrong transmission and they didn't even fix there car right ect.

·
Jason you will be missed
617 Posts
the place i was telling you about is called al's house of automatics. the number is (602) 404-7267. he has rebuilt a couple of trannies for my brother one for my dad and one for me and haven't had any problems. give him a call and just see what type of price he gives you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the place i was telling you about is called al's house of automatics. the number is (602) 404-7267. he has rebuilt a couple of trannies for my brother one for my dad and one for me and haven't had any problems. give him a call and just see what type of price he gives you.
Thanks phxchevyguy I'll give him a call.
thanks again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts