GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the other day I met some guy with a bagged 94 fullsize and we were talking about my truck and he asked me if I have trimed my drive shaft and which I have never heard of somebody doing this. Cause he said when you lower your your truck the yoke is pushed in the trany and it hits someting and over time it will go out the trany that is. but is this guy full of shit or is this something I need to do?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
ive never heard of people doing that. i had to have a new driveshaft made when i had my truck 'bagged. but that was only because when the truck would drop, it would hit the bottom of the cab. so i had a smaller diameter shaft made.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had a lowered S-10 at one time and My drive shaft hit the tailshaft of my transmission and blew out the seal and I blew up my transmission b/c it ran out of fluid, so you might need to have it shortened.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Shortening a driveshaft is no big deal. Sometimes when people set up four links they dont properly locate the end links, and the rear can be pushed forward when either all the way up or down, so shortening the driveshaft is necessary. Its more common on sdimes though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts