GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the only thing im not liking too much right now on my truck is the bumper. the front ss bumper sticks out way too much IMO.

i've been thinking about trimming it up and moving the mount points on the plastic forward and having the bumper be more flush with the grill.

anyone done this, heard of this?

sound possible?

i do realize i would need a plastic welder and that it wouldnt be easy. also to move/ alter the metal bumper, and make the wheel well part of the bumper look original.

im up to it, just wondering if im the first.

just bugs me, looks like a big nosed russian chick to me. i dunno.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
i've never seen it done on a NBS. i've seen some OBS guys do it though.

i think it'd look pretty good.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
i dont think itd be to bad sucking it in a lil bit. i wouldnt suck it in perfectly with grille but a lil more back.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think itd be to bad sucking it in a lil bit. i wouldnt suck it in perfectly with grille but a lil more back.
that's what im thinking. just 2 or 3 inches or so. not too much. definitely not flush. that wouldn't look good with the way the bumper slants downward at the front.

any one know of any pics?

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
theres some pics out there, just look thru some east coast coverage, orange truck with a t-rex grill comes to mind, he did it to the stock bumper if i remember correctly, if i get time i'll try & find some other pics

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
pics of how it sits now?

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, thats kinda why i posted the pics in my first post. they aren't close ups, but its all ive got uploaded right now. just your stock ss front bumper.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, tru dat.

with any mod, gotta be careful. :crazy: especially on the experimental kind. :biggrin:

man, it would be freakin sweet if i could find some pictures of this done. cant seem to find any anywhere.:biggun:

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i'd leave the bumper alone and work with the bumper mounts. yours bolt in.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah, thats what i was thinking. just shifting the bumper cover mounts back and hopefully thats a few inches. and then ill have to cut/weld the bumper cover in the wheel wells.

other than that i think it would go fairly smoothly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i know its not the same bumper...but just please dont make it look as horrid as this one. i think this one only looks bad because it was sucked in so far.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
WHERE ARE u going to e taking some out of the center and the sides or just the sides? i gotta basic jist on either way you coulld do it cauuse i was gonna section my rear tbss bumper and had it all down and ready to do but jst decided to sell.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first off, What the hell is THAT?!?! who thought that would look good? thats not at all what i have in mind. that looks pretty bad in my opinion.

and all i want to do is slide the bumper back, towards the engine a few inches. not sure what you mean about sectioning the mid or sides there?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.