GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm just curious since we're all using pickup trucks here and I'm sure a lot of us have hitches, what do you do with it when you're not hauling anything? Do you put truck hitch covers on it? Or do you just let it rust?

I've seen people with crazy hitch covers on their SUVs I even saw one that had a texas hitch cover which looked something like this:

Tell me what you guys think :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
i leave my hitch in... that way when i get rear ended i haz less damage.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
^ ha good thinking.

I have a hitch cover but i rarely use it do to the fact im too worried that when i do drive my truck someone will steal it..

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just leave mine open, if it looks a little rusty I just bust the rattle can out but I dont tow much at all.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
2" drop hitch, let em hit that

·
Registered
405 Posts
Im with him...plus helps as extra step when getting into the bed
or a place to bash your leg... i do that a good bit :banghead:
^ ha good thinking.

I have a hitch cover but i rarely use it do to the fact im too worried that when i do drive my truck someone will steal it..
i have a locking pin... nothing to worry about then

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
:high5:
DSCN1345.jpg

I never take it out because I use it as a step to get into the bed, as well as it adds just a little extra protection from a vehicle rear ending me. Although some places actually have laws against leaving a hitch in when not attached to a trailer.

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
dont even have a hitch or cover on the receiver, no need to tow, dont see the point of taking the receiver off because that will be when I need to hook up to something

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
dont even have a hitch or cover on the receiver, no need to tow, dont see the point of taking the receiver off because that will be when I need to hook up to something
X2. Hitch covers look cheesy to me anyways.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't keep it on cus it scrapes backing outta the driveway but here's one I made for my truck outta some square tubing an a Texas my dad cut at work a while back painted it white to match

1 - 13 of 13 Posts