samcarol
3,596 Posts
dude... i think you should call the cops... someone stole your paint :D

what color is it gonna end up as?

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to keep it white. I thought about a color change but white really seems to fit that truck well.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I spy some 55-59 Chevy truck doors in the background :crazy:

I like the shaved rear steps, did you get a kit from someone?

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've wanted to shave the steps ever since I saw 1badgmc's truck on fsc. I got the step shavers from East Coast Customs. Its getting done at a local bodyshop. The owner and the guys working there are really into old cars and trucks and stuff.

Here's a couple of pics of one of the dudes truck.
100_0050.jpg

100_0051.jpg

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the kit from East Coast Customs. It comes with three pieces. It actually doesn't look too hard to install but I didn't do it myself. I let the shop do the work. I'm the first truck they have ever done this too so I was rather nervous about them cutting on my bed. The rollpan is just mocked up in the picture. It still needs to be molded smooth. I'm also getting a shaved tailgate and stake pockets.

You should get the kit.:read:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
are you doin anything else besides the shaving and new paint?

·
GMFS OG Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm updating the grill to 94+ style with a Trenz 30 bar. The door handles are not getting shaved but colormatched. I've got some 2 inch DJM spindles and 4 inch Beltech leaf springs that will put me at a 5/8 drop. Also have some new tires for my 17s 245/45/17 front and 275/40/17 rear.
I've also got a 350 in the garage to assemble and drop in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts