GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 2 weeks now when I start my truck it runs very rough for about 20 seconds then evens out. It doesn't have bad gas and has all new filters plugs and wires. Cracked dis. cap maybe? I know this aint in the right section but who cares

·
09silvy
926 Posts
For about 2 weeks now when I start my truck it runs very rough for about 20 seconds then evens out. It doesn't have bad gas and has all new filters plugs and wires. Cracked dis. cap maybe? I know this aint in the right section but who cares
WHO CARES.. they have sections for a friggen reason......:imo
post in the maintenance section and you will get answers:shake:

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,895 Posts
a lot of the offload guys actually know tech so it isnt a bad idea to post here

i'd check your start up fuel pressure and it wouldnt hurt to replace the fuel filter.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
What year is the truck... Does it have a carb?? (one is sig 98 should be tbi correct)

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,895 Posts
What year is the truck... Does it have a carb?? (one is sig 98 should be tbi correct)
no its a vortec mfi if its the truck in the sig

·
Registered
356 Posts
This thread does need to be moved but I thiink I ahve an issue similar, sometimes when I start up and flip it in reverse it feels like the truck is jerking for like the first 10 seconds, then it stops.
Put it straight in drive instead of reverse and I have no problems, I ahve an 07 Tahoe and its been doing it for a while with no problems yet so I guess its not too big of an issue, I cleaned the TB and MAF sensor the toher day for all it matters too.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Umm No TBI crap was finished in 95 Bro

no its a vortec mfi if its the truck in the sig
Ding Ding. Bubba hets the prize. 5.7 vortec Gen I engine!

There is an engine and performance section and belive me there are alot of knowlegeable guys in it too. There is a reason for different sections.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Ding Ding. Bubba hets the prize. 5.7 vortec Gen I engine!

There is an engine and performance section and belive me there are alot of knowlegeable guys in it too. There is a reason for different sections.
Kinda, he got it right if it was a 7.4L. The Vortec small blocks had the CPFI or spider injectorials.

And a HUGE agreement to the above statement about different sections.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts