GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a weird thing ive noticed. At a show and heard the classic "rev it up". So i thought why not. Threw it in neutral and did and noticed the truck actually moved forward some when it revved high enough. I know its like running 100 whille in neutral but it sounded good. Anyway why would the truck move when in neutral and revving? It wasnt just rolling downhill or anything as i actually felt the truck push itself. Friend has an old coronet that does the same thing he said. Kinda weird. What do you tguys think

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
even though its in nuetral, im sure its creating a tiny bit force in the tranny when you rev it over 5k.

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
My 6.0 did the exact same thing. I just figured something down there must still be creating forward motion. If you put a car in nuetral and then lift it off the ground, the wheels will spin slowly, but you can stop the spin by just grabbing the CV shaft, so there is no real force with a FWD car. I guess our trucks have a little more powah to 'em. :shrug:

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
yes, its normal. Its from the inertia of the fluid inside the tranny and converter.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
get a line lock.
Thats what i want but wont work with a hydroboost lol

Thanks for the reply guys, its a weird feeling when in neutral.

ShortNTall. Check the photos forum. I have a ton of pics there. Some of a obs chevy on Rocks and 54's doing the burnouts. The show was fun but the sky puked on us on Saturday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts