GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are my two GMfullsizes. had to move the 72 from my moms to my dads, because the mom is moving and has no room and my dad likes yard ornaments.

whitetruck013.jpg

with the wife, strikin a pose
whitetruck014.jpg

my dad, hes got MS so he is a little hunched over, but he still looks 100% hillbilly
whitetruck015.jpg

a few of the 72
whitetruck016.jpg

whitetruck017.jpg

this is my dads/my(titled in my name, but he drives it) 73 k20
whitetruck018.jpg

whitetruck019.jpg

and what makes it special.... isuzu deisel power, way before chevy thought of it
whitetruck020.jpg

whitetruck021.jpg

lots of pointless pics, but if someone wants to make me a sig i would appreciate it

Enjoy
Ryan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are made by multi mile, i have no idea what they are called, they are 34-9.00 and dig like mad. the deisel is 353cu in, so like 5.8ish. engine was built in 78 and my dad bought it new in the crate in the mid eightys from a farmer that bought it for a spare pump/drive engine for an irrigation system. pulls great and spins pretty fast for its day. when i have some time/space its getting a turbo and hopefully a five speed.
Ryan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
funny, i just asked you that in your thread. im in the stinkhole of des moines. i am originally from SW iowa. creston/lenox/corning area.
ryan

·
The Woolly One
404 Posts
That's a mean-lookin' '73, man.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I love your lb its a 2500? specs?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mounted these up tonight after work. just traded my stock tires for these with a buddy from work. hes trading his 03 ECSB in so i stole these from him.

this is with no crank whatsoever. cut maybe an inch of the plastic on the bumper. no rubbing for normal street use.

nex time it rains (who knows when that could be) i'll get a chance to try the puppies out

before 245s street tread
whitetruck005.jpg

cooper stt 305/70/16 on stock rims
whitetruck036.jpg

whitetruck035.jpg

whitetruck031.jpg

whitetruck030.jpg

whitetruck029.jpg

whitetruck027.jpg

whitetruck025.jpg

whitetruck024.jpg

ryan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love your lb its a 2500? specs?
im guessing you're talking about the 72?
its a k20, had d60 front and rear sm465/205. 8 inch all spring skyjacker lift and 39/15-16.5 MT bajas on those SNAZZZZZY whitespokes:banghead: no engine yet, have a 454 shortblock waiting for my lazy ass to finish. um really nothing to spectacular. it will just end up being a cruizer. my grandad bought it new in 72 and its a one family 2 owner truck. i have the protecto plate and original purchase reciept and all that stuff.

the 73 is a k20 too.

the 04 is a 2500hd 6.0 auto

Ryan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought all the 73's rusted away, cool seeing a survivor!
this one is well on its way. bed is shot, rockers and cab corners are suprsingly good, floors are "Air conditioned" and the front fenders are rusted to hell, the hood has that cool 73-87 crease in it...
its a sweet beater. more fun driving that thing in HS than anything else i drove

Ryan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks

when you are 14 and have a limited budget shit happens. someone had a set of tires that fit my rig, cost 1300+ new, and had less than 2k on them. i really wasn't in a position to be picky. i paid like 700 for them. not ideal but for where i was when i bought them i am/was happy. they toss mud OK, but for sure will be replaced when i hav money and a million other things get changed on the truck
ryan

·
Registered
318 Posts
Finish the '72, that thing will be bad ass id love to restore one of them. Theres a pretty nice one that comes by my work completly resto'd its nice minus the yellow paint. I like the turquise greenish color...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts